POSITION: Production Assistant Intern (12 Months Full Time)
1 Year Student Internship for University Students Studying Video / TV / Film
IMPORTANT: You must be currently still studying at your university (i.e. in year 2 of a 3 year course) as this internship must form part of your studies. If you have already completed your course or have already graduated then unfortunately we can’t offer you the position.
LOCATION: Based in Birmingham (UK), but you will be expected to travel throughout the UK – and occasionally internationally – when required.
DURATION: 12 months, full time (circa August 2019 to August 2020)
STANDARD HOURS: Monday–Friday 0900-1700 although you will be expected to work outside these hours, at weekends and bank holidays as and when production and filming schedules require.
SUBSIDY PAY: £750 per month student internship subsidy
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT: 20 days paid leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 16th June 2019 (11pm) – *this has been extended from 9th June
INTERVIEWS FOR SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES: Week commencing 24th June 2019
PROPOSED START DATE: Mid August 2019
As a Production Assistant and junior member of the Slinky team, you will have a great positive ‘can-do’ attitude and work ethic. You will be self-motivated, extremely organised and committed to your role in our close team. You will assist in a large range of production and business tasks, both in the office and filming on location.
We produce a huge range of productions here at Slinky; from corporate and commercial promos, through to live event and conference videos, TV commercials and training films. You will be comfortable in adapting to these styles and work well under pressure when required
Some of the roles you will be involved with across the year include:
- Assisting production planning and pre-production: including research, travel logistics, scheduling and call sheet drafting.
- General assistance of crew, contributors and clients on shoots
- Driving duties to/from shoot (if driving license available)
- Shot logging
- Manning the B-camera when appropriate
- Transcribing interview footage
- Assisting with subtitling
- Assisting with and working alongside the Post-Production department
- Assisting in Quality Control checks
- Lots of other production duty opportunities to nurture and grow your skill set – including filming and post production opportunities.
OFFICE / COMPANY DUTIES
- Answering phones and taking messages
- Equipment prep and pick-ups
- Office housekeeping and systems
- Assisting with general marketing and business development duties
- Client hospitality and coffee runs
- Confident English writing and typing skills
- Comfortable with office applications such as Excel and Google Docs
- Great telephone manner
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
DESIRABLE (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL)
- Experience with Adobe CC
- Driving license
- Likes Back To The Future
Applications for this position will only be accepted from CURRENT Video/TV/Film University Students. You must be currently still studying at your university (i.e. in year 2 of a 3 year course) as this internship must form part of your studies. If you have already completed your course or have already graduated then unfortunately we can’t offer you the position.
All applications must be made through our online application form below. When you submit your application, you will automatically be emailed a copy of your application for your own reference. Strictly no phone calls to the production office please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT SLINKY PRODUCTIONS
We are a small-but-mighty busy video production company with large ambitions. We produce a wide variety of content working to very high standard with premium client service. Our roster of clients include Jaguar Land Rover, Autodesk, the NHS, L’Oréal, The PGA, West Bromwich Albion FC, Chiquito and Frankie & Benny’s – as well as many other small and huge interesting clients you’ve probably never heard of!
Slinky Productions Ltd
180-182 Fazeley Street